Nov 13th, 2017
Honouring veterans and the fallen in war, a 70-year mystery solved, Google's robotics grant...and Scouting, always Scouting for Food.
It was Remembrance Day this past weekend — Veteran's Day in the United States, and Armistice Day in other parts of the world — and Scouts in many places turned out to show respect for the fallen, soldiers and others who made the ultimate sacrifice in different conflicts over the last century.
- Remembrance Day in the Langleys
- 'It's always in your heart': Montrealers pay respects at Remembrance Day ceremony
- From the cub scouts to the Gulf War: An Alrewas soldier in the British Army
- Milton Keynes Scout District pay tribute on Remembrance Sunday
As the Thanksgiving season nears in the United States, many Boy Scout troops have been turning their efforts to food drives:
- Boy Scouts food drive benefits local food pantries in Horseheads, NY
- Scouting for food, The Boy Scouts of America in Upstate S.C. work to fight hunger
- Reno, NV Boy Scouts work to get families in need a thanksgiving meal
Often Outmumbled - Never Outpunned, by Doctor Turtle